Sunday 28 November 2010

Photoshoot with Kera Robson

A while ago I was contacted by a photographer who was looking for vintage clothing for a photoshoot, and since then I have done a bit of styling work on some photoshoots, which is great fun and a good way to get some amazing images that we can use in our promotional materials. I love taking the clothes along to a shoot and then see them being transformed in to works of art thanks to the skills of the photographers and models.

Last week I was contacted by a lovely lady called Kera Robson, a Midlands-based photographer who was planning a shoot at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens, one of my favourite places to visit. The theme was 'Modern Day Marie Antoinette' and I was keen to be involved, especially once I had looked at Kera's impressive portfolio.

The team that Kera had put together for the shoot was equallily impressive, we had Sharon and Rachel the make up artists, the lovely models Chloe, Aly and Elina, Kera's assistant Kate and little old me, supplying the clothes. Sharon and Rachel worked their magic with the make up, they started with more subtle, pastel looks and worked up to full on Marie Antoinette inspired looks.

Photobucket

It was a freezing cold day and the poor models were shivering away between shoots, but once they were in front of the camera it was all glamour and professionalism.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I brought loads of pastel coloured dresses and pieces from our collection, and we picked out some lovely outfits. I had a fabulous day, despite the cold, and we all got on really well. I think that the finished product is amazing as well, which makes the day all the more worthwhile.

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
That's a wrap!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...